The Fall Stated Meeting of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery will be held Tuesday, December 14 at 9:30 am via Zoom. Registration is required by Thursday, December 9. Please fill out the registration form at the bottom of this page. Anyone who is not a commissioner or approved visitor can join us on Facebook Live.
All first time commissioners are required to attend an orientation led by the Stated Clerk at 8:45 am. Please login to the Zoom meeting early to attend. The Zoom will open for all commissioners at 9:00am.
Minister members who are unable to attend and churches that will not have representation at the presbytery meeting should contact Michele Jones (email@example.com) by Thursday, December 9 to request an excused absence.
We will share a Joys video during the meeting. Please send pictures of your church in action (along with a brief one-line description) since our last meeting (September 18), to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, December 8 to be included.
Please read the handbook thoroughly when it is available so you are prepared for the meeting. Contact the moderator/chair of the ministry team if you have questions about their report. Contact Stated Clerk Catherine Byrd or Associate Stated Clerk Donnie Woods if you have questions about procedures or the Standing Rules (found on page 2 of the handbook). Our meeting begins with worship.
We will receive an offering during the meeting for the SC Inn at Montreat. You can donate via THIS LINK, the QR code in the handbook, or via check made out to Charleston Atlantic Presbytery with “SC Inn at Montreat” in the memo line sent to 4701 Park Pl. W., North Charleston, SC 29405. The link will also be provided during the meeting if you want to donate “live”.
The past moderator has put together these Zoom Instructions to help you prepare to fully participate in the presbytery meeting. Please review this document thoroughly and ensure you feel confident in your Zoom Expertise prior to attending the meeting:
- You have already downloaded ZOOM onto your computer or device with audio AND video and will make sure the program is updated, if needed, no later than the day before the CAP meeting.
- You can launch ZOOM and, when entering, then initiate both auto and video with ease.
- You can rename yourself, using your first and last name, your role initials (below), and your congregation.
- TE = Teaching Elder members of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery
- RE = Ruling Elder Commissioner from a Session
- CP = Commissioned Lay Pastor
- CE = Christian Educator
- L = CAP Leader, moderator of ministry team or commission
- GA = GA Commissioner
- SC = Synod Commissioner
- CM = Corresponding Member (voice, no vote)
- V = Visitor, approved by Stated Clerk (voice, no vote)
- You can go back and forth between GALLERY and SPEAKER views.
- You can access the PARTICIPANTS window and can RAISE your ZOOM HAND
- You can participate in a POLL.
- You can MUTE and UNMUTE with ease by either clicking the MUTE and UNMUTE button or by holding down the space bar while muted in order to speak.
*Please rename your Zoom screen name accordingly as soon as you log in to the meeting. Due to voting taking place during the meeting, you will be removed from the meeting if we cannot identify you properly.
*The e-mail confirmation you will receive after registration will include the Zoom link for the meeting. Please save that e-mail because we will not be sending a separate e-mail with this link.