- Serve as a catalyst for God’s work in the world.
- Connectionalism: assuring the connectional life of the presbytery between congregations, between neighborhoods, and between the Synod of South Atlantic and General Assembly.
- Ecumenism: coordinate all ecumenical concerns for which the presbytery has responsibility.
- Accountability: review the work of the committees/ministry teams and personnel, as well as the life of the presbytery as a whole. Representatives of each committee/ministry team will meet at least once a year with the Shepherding Team to discuss visions, plans, blessings and challenges. Each committee/ministry team may request on the Shepherding Team docket at any time.
- Visioning: creatively guide the presbytery into the future by discerning the Spirit.
- Provide orientation to the ministry of presbytery for those serving on ministry teams, committees and subcommittees.
- Provide guidance to the 1001 Worshiping Communities and New Church Development/Church Transformation/Revitalization.
- Oversight of presbytery’s finances.
- Review and comment on the representation report from the Shared Gifts of Individuals Ministry Team and report this to the presbytery.
- Receive annual reports from the South Carolina Inn at Montreat, Bethelwoods, Thornwell, and Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina.
- Recommend to the Stewardship of Individual Gifts of Ministry Team persons to serve on the boards /ministry teams.
- Establish Ministry Teams, sub-committees and commissions as needed to accomplish the work of the Shepherding Team.
- Employ and terminate staff (other than the general presbyter and stated clerk), approve position descriptions, and recommend levels of compensation.
- Administer all other matters as directed by the presbytery.
Dorothy Blackwelder, Director of Communications
Janis Blocker, Recording Clerk
Janie Bruce, Director of Youth Ministry
Catherine Byrd, Stated Clerk
Mike Fitze, NCD Consultant
Pie Mikell, Associate for Congregational Nurture
Margaret Mitchell-Rivers, Treasurer
Donnie Woods, Executive Presbyter/Pastor to Pastors