- Serve as a catalyst for God’s work in the world.
- Connectionalism: assuring the connectional life of the presbytery between congregations, between neighborhoods, and between the Synod of South Atlantic and General Assembly.
- Ecumenism: coordinate all ecumenical concerns for which the presbytery has responsibility.
- Accountability: review the work of the committees/ministry teams and personnel, as well as the life of the presbytery as a whole. Representatives of each committee/ministry team will meet at least once a year with the Shepherding Team to discuss visions, plans, blessings and challenges. Each committee/ministry team may request on the Shepherding Team docket at any time.
- Visioning: creatively guide the presbytery into the future by discerning the Spirit.
- Provide orientation to the ministry of presbytery for those serving on ministry teams, committees and subcommittees.
- Provide guidance to the 1001 Worshiping Communities and New Church Development/Church Transformation/Revitalization.
- Oversight of presbytery’s finances.
- Review and comment on the representation report from the Shared Gifts of Individuals Ministry Team and report this to the presbytery.
- Receive annual reports from the South Carolina Inn at Montreat, Bethelwoods, Thornwell, and Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina.
- Recommend to the Stewardship of Individual Gifts of Ministry Team persons to serve on the boards /ministry teams.
- Establish Ministry Teams, sub-committees and commissions as needed to accomplish the work of the Shepherding Team.
- Employ and terminate staff (other than the general presbyter and stated clerk), approve position descriptions, and recommend levels of compensation.
- Administer all other matters as directed by the presbytery.
Dorothy Blackwelder, Director of Communications
Janis Blocker, Recording Clerk
Mike Fitze, NCD Consultant
Pie Mikell, Associate for Congregational Nurture
Margaret Mitchell-Rivers, Treasurer
Chris Sarkowski, Director of Youth Ministry
Donnie Woods, Executive Presbyter/Stated Clerk