The Spring Stated Meeting of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery will be held Tuesday, May 18 at 9:30 am via Zoom. Commissioners attending the Zoom meeting must pre-register by May 11 and attend a 30-minute training so they can fully participate. Others can join us via Facebook Live.
Minister members who are unable to attend and churches that will not have representation at the presbytery meeting should contact Michele Jones (email@example.com) by Friday, May 14 to request an excused absence.
We will share a Joys video during the meeting. Please send pictures of your church in action (along with a brief one-line description) since our last meeting (February 27), along with a brief one-line description, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, May 11 to be included.
Please read the handbook thoroughly when it becomes available so you are prepared for the meeting. Contact the moderator/chair of the ministry team if you have questions about their report. Contact Stated Clerk Catherine Byrd or Associate Stated Clerk Donnie Woods if you have questions about procedures or the Standing Rules (found on page 2 of the handbook).
The past moderator has put together these Zoom Instructions to help you prepare to fully participate in the presbytery meeting. Please review this document thoroughly and ensure you feel confident in your Zoom Expertise prior to attending the meeting:
- You have already downloaded ZOOM onto your computer or device with audio AND video and will make sure the program is updated, if needed, no later than the day before the CAP meeting.
- You can launch ZOOM and, when entering, then initiate both auto and video with ease.
- You can rename yourself, using your first and last name, your role initials (below), and your congregation.
- TE = Teaching Elder members of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery
- RE = Ruling Elder Commissioner from a Session
- CP = Commissioned Lay Pastor
- CE = Christian Educator
- L = CAP Leader, moderator of ministry team or commission
- GA = GA Commissioner
- SC = Synod Commissioner
- CM = Corresponding Member (voice, no vote)
- V = Visitor, approved by Stated Clerk (voice, no vote)
- You can go back and forth between GALLERY and SPEAKER views.
- You can access the PARTICIPANTS window and can RAISE your ZOOM HAND
- You can participate in a POLL.
- You can MUTE and UNMUTE with ease by either clicking the MUTE and UNMUTE button or by holding down the space bar while muted in order to speak.