CAP High School Youth Mission Trip
to Salkehatchie Summer Service
June 23-30, 2013
Salkehatchie is a mission of the United Methodist Conference of South Carolina. Through Salkethatchie camps, youth and adults from all over the south work together to upgrade housing, motivate community efforts by helping persons to help themselves, and provide opportunities for personal growth and service. This is a great opportunity for your youth to participate in a mission camp without all the headache of preparing and organizing one yourself!
What does a Salkehatchie week look like?
- CAP will work the participating churches to coordinate transportation to Bishopville.
- Youth arrive at the host site on Saturday night. Lodging and all meals are included for the week.
- On Sunday, the whole team worships with the host church in the morning.
- Camp participants are divided into teams of 12 (8 youth and 4 adults). Each team works on the same home for the entire week.
- Work projects are usually substantial and may include roofing, replacing bathrooms, repairing sheetrock. Salkehatchie recruits skilled adult volunteers and youth are well supervised to insure their safety.
The cost to participate in Salkehatchie is just $215 per person. This includes all lodging and meals, plus a camp T-shirt. This year, Charleston Atlantic Presbytery is offering eight scholarship of $100 each. If one of your students needs a scholarship, please indicate that on the application form.
Applications and full payment are due by March 30, 2013.
All applications from youth in the Charleston Atlantic Presbytery should be sent to:
Heather Prince Doss
Sea Island Presbyterian Church
PO Box 966
Beaufort, SC 29901
Join us in praying for our team as they have this incredible experience!