Compassion Partner Grant
The Church & Society Ministry Unit has established a list of criteria for projects requesting funding. The amount of funding available for such projects continues to be in a state of fluctuation due to recent economic conditions. We hope to be able to provide some financial assistance to groups interested in applying for 2012 grants and other funding. After much discussion and prayer, the Unit has agreed that for projects submitting requests for funding for 2012, priority will be given to projects which meet the following criteria:
- The project must have a direct link to one or more Presbyterian churches in Charleston-Atlantic Presbytery (through sponsorship, funding, or volunteers).
- No more than 50% of the project’s annual funding can come from Presbytery; project sponsors must be working actively to pursue other funding sources.
- The project addresses a community-wide need and focuses on raising residents out of poverty.
- The project addresses issues of sustainability in its long-term impact on families, i.e. helps work toward creating long-term solutions to problems.
- Priority will be given to cooperative ministries of more than one church.
For 2012, we are offering two application deadlines: April 17 for funds to be distributed in late May and September 18 for funds to be distributed in late October. Please feel free to contact the Church and Society Unit if you have any questions concerning the new criteria.