Archives for 2017
We enjoyed great fellowship and worship, shared our joys in mission and ministry, and celebrated the work of our churches May-September 2017:
WHAT: SOAP Retreat
(South Atlantic Puerto Rico Region of APCE)
WHEN: November 2-4, 2017
Join us Thursday evening – Saturday afternoon as we ask:
• Why is innovation in Ministry so important?
• How can our roots/heritage inform a creative ministry?
• How does the theology of risk teach and stretch us in ministry?
• Time for rest and renewal on the beautiful beaches of St. Simons Island
• Inspiration through engaging presentations, worship and music
• Panel (Saturday) of practitioners sharing how innovation/creativity/risk have shown up in their life and ministry
• Two nights lodging and all meals at Epworth By the Sea (Single: $317 or Double: $219) Note: Total cost of retreat is registration plus lodging
Early bird registration $80 by August 1st.
Regular registration $120 beginning August 2nd-October 12th.
Featured Speaker: Rev. Dr. Rebecca Davis
Worship and Music: Rev. William Carter
Liturgical Artist: Rev. Pressley Cox
Youth Ministry Coaching Cohort: Rev. Mark DeVries
The Spring Stated Meeting of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery was held at Bethel Presbyterian Church in Walterboro on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. Read the meeting’s HANDBOOK.
Registration is now open for our 10th Annual STEPS Event!
August 26, 2017
Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church
STEPS is an annual leadership event held by Charleston Atlantic Presbytery for church members, elders, deacons, Sunday school teachers, youth advisors, clerks of session, musicians, pastors, and Christian educators. The day includes worship, three workshop sessions, lunch, a bookstore, and great fellowship! The workshop offerings are diverse – there really is something for everyone!
This year’s theme is Be Of Good Courage! The PC(USA) Stated Clerk, Rev. J. Herbert Nelson will be our preacher. We hope to see you there!
Pre-registration is now closed. You can still register the day of th event for $40.
If your organization would like to have a display at STEPS, please contact Pie Mikell at email@example.com by August 10.
The Winter Stated Meeting of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery was hosted by Zion-Olivet Presbyterian Church in North Charleston on Saturday, February 25 at Advent Evangelical Luthern Church, where Zion-Olivet is currently worshiping. Their address is: 3347 Rivers Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29405.
We will began at 9:30 am with worship and the installation of our new Stated Clerk, Catherine Byrd, followed by a General Orientation to the new structure of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery, break out Ministry Team Orientations over lunch, and concluding with the business portion of the meeting.